The Australasian Piano Tuners and Technicians Association, APTTA, was formed in 1984 and has branch associations in WA, SA, Vic, NSW, Qld, and New Zealand. Over 300 professional piano technicians are members of the APTTA. Conventions are held every two years, with the most recent in Brisbane in September 2009. The 2009 convention was hosted by the Queensland branch and held in conjunction with the meeting of the International Association of Piano Builders and Technicians, IAPBT.
These conventions give our widely dispersed piano technicians an opportunity to gather and exchange information, develop and refine their piano tuning and piano technology skills and to set upon new goals and directions for the association. Many tuners are sole practitioners and the association’s conventions and chat group APTTA_Technician@yahoogroups.com provide pleasant and valuable technical forums.
The APTTA’s overarching goal is to raise standards of piano tuning and service for the benefit and enjoyment of pianists and all those who enjoy piano music.
Please feel free to browse our site for piano information;
- An up to date membership list for each of our branches in Australia and New Zealand will help you locate and contact an accredited (see ARPT defined) piano tuner/technician in your area.
- Answers to the most common questions are in the FAQs section.
- The APTTA’s recent achievements.
- Details of our upcoming Conventions. First infomation now on Convention page!
- You may also view the Code of Ethics that all members must abide by to remain a member of the APTTA.
South Australian Member - Queensland Member - New Zealand Member
We encourage your contact, questions, and feedback. You can also use our search form to find your local piano tuner.